Do you have picky eaters? It’s probably an impossible task to decide what to have on your pizza on a Friday night. Save yourself the headache and create your own pizza buffet at home!
Start out by taking your Picky Pete, or Picky Patty to the grocery store. This gives you an opportunity to teach your child about the five food groups (grains, fruits, vegetables, protein, dairy, and fats and sweets). Let them help you pick out your groceries. Studies have shown, kids who help pick out their food at the grocery store, or help plan and prepare a meal, are more likely to eat everything on their plate.
Once you’re done at the store, let’s get started preparing the pizza buffet!
Ingredients (AllRecipies.com Veggie Pizza Faces)
- 4 whole wheat pita bread rounds (6-inch pitas work best)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing (as much as needed)
- Assortment of fresh vegetables pre-sliced and ready for use: rainbow carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, broccoli and olives)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the pita bread rounds on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce onto each pita round; sprinkle with cheese.
- Use the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing as the glue to add assorted vegetables to the pizzas. Take your time and create silly faces with the veggies.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese melts.